AMD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
Students applying for scholarships must complete an AMD Scholarship Application and submit it to the AMD Office by the priority deadline (May 1). Also, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) must be completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Students are encouraged to contact the AMD Office to verify that all financial aid paperwork has been received at email@example.com. Scholarships are applied toward tuition costs only. All fees (registration, technology, application and other related fees) are the student’s responsibility. Students are typically awarded only one scholarship per year.
- Students must have applied, been accepted, or enrolled into one of the degree programs offered by our partnering institutions.
- Scholarships and grants are applied for each course taken by the student within the awarded year.
- Students must reapply for scholarships each year.
- Students must complete the entire application for consideration. Scholarships and grants are awarded based on select criteria which may include participation in local church ministries, leadership potential, previous academic performance, or financial need.
- AMD scholarships and grants are only awarded to ministers and members in good standing of the Church of God of Prophecy.
- Scholarships are awarded by a committee of AMD faculty and administrators.
- The application deadline is May 1, but applications will be considered for new or returning students enrolling throughout the academic year.
CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Church Matching Scholarship: This matching scholarship of up to $2,000 is awarded (June 1 through May 31) to four students receiving assistance from a local church or ministry. Written documentation must be provided by the local church as proof of their portion of the scholarship.
Doctor of Ministry Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded (June 1 through May 31) to each individual enrolled in one of AMD’s approved Doctor of Ministry programs on an annual basis. Recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship for the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
Ministry Honors Scholarship (formerly Leader of Leaders): This scholarship is awarded (June 1 through May 31) to individuals based on the recommendations of participating Church of God of Prophecy national/regional/state administrative bishops. Candidates should be persons of ministerial integrity and leadership promise. Recipients will receive $200/course for each course taken within the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
National/Regional/State Overseer Scholarship: Church of God of Prophecy national/regional/state overseers may apply for one free course per academic year. Scholarships are applied towards tuition only. The student is responsible for fees.
PTS Certificate Course Scholarship: All approved Church of God of Prophecy students participating in an AMD certificate course will receive a $150 scholarship toward their regular course tuition of $300. This scholarship will be given for each course taken by the student throughout the academic year.
Make a lasting impact on the life and ministry of a Church of God of Prophecy minister by investing in an AMD Scholarship Fund. AMD Scholarship Funds provide contributors with a unique opportunity to:
- Memorialize or honor a loved one with a scholarship in that person’s name
- Provide financial aid to students studying in a particular field, such as pastoral ministry, counseling, youth or children’s ministry
- Help students who have financial or personal hardships to overcome
- Honor students who have made a significant impact in their local church or community
- Honor students based on personal characteristics such as ethnic or cultural background, gender, or geographic origin
If you are interested in supporting or creating a scholarship fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 559-5331. Your gift, of any amount, is appreciated and 100% will go toward the scholarship you designate. Additional information is available online at cogopamd.org.