The World Language Department of the Church of God of Prophecy International Offices is partnering with the Church’s educational division, Accredited Ministry Development, to offer a scholarship in the coming 2018-2019 academic year.
The Cross-Cultural Ministry Scholarship will be awarded to a student enrolled in AMD’s Certificate/Diploma in Wesleyan-Pentecostal Ministry program who serves as a pastor or church leader engaged in multi-cultural ministries.
“The World Language Department is excited to partner with AMD to assist in providing support for higher education,” said Michael Hernandez, World Language Coordinator for the International Offices. “The Gospel is multi-cultural, so our desire is to make it easier for our ministers to grow spiritually and develop their skillset to reach out to those of other cultures different from their own.”
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants should demonstrate involvement in ongoing, bilingual outreach efforts to a different cultural group than his or her local church. The applicant is required to not only be a member of the Church of God of Prophecy, but also hold ministerial credentials with the Church of God of Prophecy, be in the process of securing such credentials, or commit to begin the process during the awarding term.
The recipient will receive a scholarship in the amount of $500 for the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
“Through the generosity and faithful giving of our donors and tithing local churches, this year the Church of God of Prophecy has awarded over $150,000.00 in scholarships and grants to ministers pursuing formal training and education,” said Shaun McKinley, director of Accredited Ministry Development. “As our programs continue to expand throughout North America and around the world, there is greater need to provide scholarships to our pastors, many of whom are dependent on our support to continue their education. We are grateful to the World Language Department for providing an additional scholarship fund that will ease the financial burden of one of our students this coming year.”
The Cross-Cultural Ministry Scholarship is just one of a number of opportunities available to students of AMD. Other scholarships include:
- Adrian L. Varlack All Nations Scholarship:
- Billy D. Murray Harvest Scholarship
- Church Matching Scholarship
- Doctor of Ministry Scholarship
- Ministry Honors Scholarship (formerly Leader of Leaders)
- PTS Certificate Course Scholarship
- Women in Ministry Scholarship
Scholarship applications are being accepted for the 2018-2019 academic year through April 1, 2018 and may be completed online at www.cogopamd.org. Individuals or churches may also contribute to any of the above scholarship funds at the website.
About AMD Scholarships
Make a lasting impact on the life and ministry of a Church of God of Prophecy minister by investing in an AMD Scholarship Fund. AMD Scholarship Funds provide contributors with a unique opportunity to:
- Memorialize or honor a loved one with a scholarship in that person’s name
- Provide financial aid to students studying in a particular field, such as pastoral ministry, counseling, youth or children’s ministry
- Help students who have financial or personal hardships to overcome
- Honor students who have made a significant impact in their local church or community
- Honor students based on personal characteristics such as ethnic or cultural background, gender, or geographic origin
If you are interested in supporting or creating a scholarship fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 559-5331. Your gift, of any amount, is appreciated and 100% will go toward the scholarship you designate.